Brand: Diamondback Bicycles
- Designed to excel in sand or snow, the high volume / low pressure tires gain purchase on surfaces that have long been unrideable.;6061-T6 aluminum frame/fork with hydroformed tubes, 1.5" tapered machined headtube, fits up to 26x5" tire
- DB El Oso Custom rigid fork with 15mm thru-axle
- SRAM X5 10speed rear derailleur and FSA double chainring crank give you 20 speeds to choose from
- Mechanical disc brakes help you stop well in varied conditions
- 26x 4.9" tires are wide enough to keep you going where other bikes give up
- Designed to excel in sand or snow, the high volume / low pressure tires gain purchase on surfaces that have long been unrideable.
Publisher: Diamondback Bikes
Details: El Oso grande is, like its namesake, surprisingly quick and nimble for its size. This big Bear may look like a lumbering beast, but after a few pedal strokes it's apparent that the bike is a trail-capable adventure machine. We designed El Oso grande around a rigid platform to shave pounds and let the gigantic tires take care of the suspension-something they do quite well. With hydroformed aluminum tubes, the frame and fork allow an amazingly nimble ride. A SRAM X5 2x10 drivetrain has a gear for any trail, and hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent modulation and stopping power. And how could we forget about the tires: they're five inches wide. Able to be comfortably ridden with PSI in the low teens, El Oso grande digs its claws in and doesn't let go. Whether you're bike packing, riding in deep sand and snow, or just enjoying the excess traction on normal trails, this bike is prepared.