Brand: Spark R & D
- One Climbing Wire: T1 stands for One Wire because thats all you need. A single fatty wire built into the baseplate switches easily from stowed, to low (12°), to high (18°) climbing positions and back again while touring. For even easier deployment, check out the Whammy Bar.
- Snap Ramps & Side-Lock Touring Brackets: T1 System bindings slide sideways into the offset touring bracket and are locked into place with our snap ramp. No pins, no cables, no fiddle factor. Integrated Ibex crampon mounting claws on touring brackets make for quick and easy installation and removal.
- The Rip 'N' Flip Highback: built from 3D scans of popular splitboard boot models, and features a tool free lean adjustment and substantially lighter weight than classic highbacks
- T1 Heel Rest: The T1 Heel Rest catches the climbing wire in the 12° and 18° positions and is specifically designed to hold the T1 Heel Locker in place.
- Buckles, Straps, & Plastics: Low profile, comfortable and bomber Burton straps and buckles paired with our plastics. Now produced in-house with a unique thermoplastic that maintains flex over wide temperature variation, our plastics perform well on spring tours as well as sub-zero suffer fests.
Details: The Surge is built for big days on big lines, and is preferred by our bigger, more aggressive riders. Solid baseplate design, stiffer Rip Flip highbacks, more supportive ankle straps and toe caps combine to give riders greater control in demanding terrain. Maximum power, unparalleled performance, and efficient design: the Surge will put a charge in your backcountry riding!